help ban religious instruction in state school, page-56

1. 9,474 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    heraclitus,

you say,

TB

Absolutely not!

Think about it for a minute. I made reference to this in another thread, questioning how many people would 'tick the box at Census time' while remaining largely indifferent to organised religion. Im sure we all know many people who fit in to that category.

Would be interesting to compare those ABS results you speak of if there was also the question: do you think religious education should be taught as part of the nation's curriculum.

We can only speculate but I know my answer

i say,

Of course it's proof,

and think about it for a minute,

would anyone tick a box saying they are Christians, "but we certainly don't want our kids to be"

Now who would do that?

no one,

people identify as Christians because they believe a lot of the basic principles of love thy neighbour as yourself and do unto others as you would have them do unto you

i think if you ask anyone who "ticked the box and identified themselves as Christians" would WANT their kids to be christians.

heraclitus,

this is a genuine question,

if your kids came home and "came out" as Christians, would you think you failed as a parent, ur would you be glad that they didn't turn out to be like most kids today.

i know what i would prefer for my kids

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.