I know for sure that some people need happy pills... However, we...

1. 6,351 Posts.
    I know for sure that some people need happy pills...

However, we should also keep in perspective that sometimes depression, mental anguish, anxiety, psychoses etc.... can be caused by the way we have set up society, the way many have been conditioned (especially us blokes) to keep it all inside and battle on.

Keep in mind that one of the richest countries in the world has very high "diagnosed" depression and similarly, very high rates of pill taking, prescribed drugs for these ailments... as well as illicit drugs.

Not sure how much the pharmaceutical companies are behind any solution with expensive pills?? Also, the cost to the taxpayer with the PBS...

To clarify, I know people that take medications for treating depression/anxiety.... but not sure how much the support is pill-based and/or psychology services.... also, at a deeper level, the sociological basis of our society may be such that what we value, strive for, have and don't have, what we need versus what we want, the expectations placed on us, our kids can be contributing to our unhappy, altered, up-tight mental states....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.