Hey neemsa, how ya goin mate?? If you only want to start off...

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Hey neemsa, how ya goin mate?? If you only want to start off with a small-medium account and keep your money in oz and not go through any of the brokers overseas then Below is a quick list of brokers in Australia and New Zealand that are asic regulated and a holder of an Australian Financial Services Licence...Keep in mind that Australia doesn't have any ecn brokers that i'm aware of, so u will have to stick with the market makers and "So called" stp brokers below.There are certainly others here in oz that hold a license but probably a bit dodgy with operations.

axisodl.com.au
    latitudefx.co.nz
    gomarketsaus.com.au
    forexfs.com
    fxcm Australia

I had some experience in the past with the first three and found out that withdrawl times are reasonable for all three but had issues with fxcm in the past as they had an aggressive dealing desk model.

I had conversations with the fxcm tech department in the New York and Sydeny offices not to long ago and seems they want to be more honest and professional about their business to forex traders.I've been testing both the fxcm trade station and mt4 platform and had delays with order executions and closing of orders on the mt4 platform but the fxcm trade station seemed ok but still on the higher end when it comes to spreads.

At the end of the day finding the right broker will take time and effort on your part and even though i've been trading for a while I'll never stop learning and always on the look out for new brokers that are honest and professional in every way and funds can be easily deposited and withdrawn in a few days; again this can be very time consuming for some, but i guess the final call is yours.

Generally speaking the above brokers are ok to start off with, but if u decide to change your trading style over time, then probably best to look around for a broker that suits your style; as many brokers will find excuses to ban you, if your trading style is too profitable in the short term.

If u open an account with fxcm and manage to deposit and withdraw funds in a reasonable amount of time i.e. 2-4days, i would love to hear your feedback for both.

good luck...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.