help for fire victims...rally, page-130

1. 5,079 Posts.
    Some who are saying people shouldn't live in those areas are way out of touch.

The areas are both farming areas and small towns that have been there for a hundred years.

Farmers?? so where do they get meat from at the supermarket, where does your weet bix or bread come from, it come from farmers first,
    Safeway don't make it out the back.

when you have conditions like Sat, with the highest temps on record, gale forced winds you cannot have a fool proof fire plan, we have NEVER had such bad conditions before.

And people are told if you are going to fight to save homes what to do, many did but were swamped.

And I put some of the blame on media and govt services for telling all the sickos it will be the worst conditions on record, it was like waving a red flag to all the sick people to light fires.

MOST fires don't start by themselves, given there was NO lightning.

Anyway I am sending down shampoo, soap, TP and kids clothes tomorrow,

that is what is needed now, even pet products which I can help with.

In a couple of weeks I will send what else I can.

I might even go down and give a few days work.
    I could even give shelter if it was needed.
    But at present simple things like toothpaste, soap etc are needed NOW.

and for God's sake don't blame someone for trying to save their property,
    just think of a fire front as tall as the largest tree, going at 100 km per hour, with temps of 48 degree after a week earlier of over 40 to dry everything out.

Farmers have said the week before potatoes were cooking in the ground.

You know what is worse, it is getting hotter, dryer all the time, who is to blame there.

And I feel for the animals left behind or couldn't get out, some had to run and couldn't even get their animals out or even let them out.

Certainly the animals are not to blame for the state of the earth,

so please only judge those idiots who lit the fires, and help where you can, even if it a box of tissues, 20 mill of them will help.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.