help for fire victims...rally, page-71

1. 23,992 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Stay strong jeami.

No doubt whatsoever that cash is the first choice for donations, but in this FIRST week, it's little things that people will realise they dont have.

Camera, handbag, towels, sheets, sleeping bags, pillows, wallet, make up, toiletries, useful clothes, toys, books, baby clothes and goods, and games for kids.
    That might sound petty, but little things that make you feel human.

The small furnishings etc will come later when people get to housing commission homes, rentals, caravans etc....

Phoned B105 in Brisbane and have already had a truck donated for a run. I've said I'll be a co-ordinator for Gold Coast people to drop off useful things that the truck can pick up on its way through, so there's a Brisbane, Gold Coast run.

Many have indicated these things will be brilliant - and of course things won't get there for a week perhaps...but even if we only help a couple of families, it's a start.

Hopefully the cash donations will be massive, and everyone will be able to rebuild - but that's going to take so long. It will take years to see anything like normality resume.

We all just have to do what we can. Anyone on the Gold Coast can contact me through the website in my sig to drop goods off if they wish. As I said earlier, I am very cash poor right now, but the useful goods I can find round the house would probably cost someone a few hundred dollars. I am sure many are in the same boat with donations.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.