help! hilux 3.0lt diesel, page-17

1. 11,416 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    I assume you have checked the fuel and filter. Make sure the fuel is clear not hazy. Also check your battery, battery lead with multimeter and glowplugs.

Then the chip... I would not touch it if at all possible.

"If You Do Have A Failure

So if you have a mechanical failure with a chip installed, was it caused by the chip, and if so can you claim warranty? People will find reasons like “bad fuel” or “bad driving style” or “abused car” or “towed a heavy caravan.” All those reasons are valid, and would contribute to a failure. That doesn’t mean the chip didn’t contribute. As soon as the chip is installed it’s contributing to additional wear and tear and potentially contributing to an eventual failure. That extra wear and tear accumulates over time. People often relate a failure to a recent event or what the car was doing at the time. Actually failures develop over long periods with many contributing factors. Almost certainly a chip would contribute to a failure, because it is stressing out components more, but you can’t claim warranty. This is normal wear and tear that comes with driving a vehicle, and it’s impossible to hold the chip solely responsible. How much did it contribute and whether it’s significant, it’s very hard to say, but on average if you use extra power then your mean time between failure will be reduced.

Chip manufacturers often provide a warranty that says it will cover your engine. People with chips have had engine failures. I’ve never heard of a chip manufacturer footing the bill for an engine failure. It’s not possible to prove whether the chip was at fault. Even if it was, you can’t prove that the chip was the only contributing factor."

http://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertissement/macho-articles/why-no-diesel-chip/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.