ASX 0.53% $64.16 asx limited

help i lost 70% in three months, page-23

1. 1,006 Posts.
    Howdy ...

It seems unclear to some of the our readers of the original post that I was not in fact a person who bought the shares based on the posts by the HC clique.
    Unfortunatly I was one who got sick of the absurd rubbish many months ago and posted what I thought the real prospects were. For my trouble and the few who also posted negativly despite explaining our views in great detail all we got was abuse !!

Many thanks for those expressing sympathy but fortunatly I have been around the block a few times.
    I note with interst some of those replying are the same spruikers pushing my fictional share up.

Funny thing about the lastest claim of inside information with the mystery company is the latest claimant with the supposid inside information about who is going to use the product was the same poster claiming to actually work in the building about 6 months ago I mentioned at the start of the original post.

This is not just about one company !!! In this case the company is fictional ... well some of you wish it was.
    I can think of numerous companies that have been pushed here on HC that have had little or no merit.
    From the platinum miner with a deal too good to be true to a gold miner with a drilling report with a zillion ounces of gold per tonne. These stocks in the euphoria behind the initial announcements have come off by over 50% in most cases. My personal favourite of all time was the attempt by a company in the female entertainment business suddenly becoming a mining giant and having the share price go up five times only to halve and have less than $20,000 worth of shares on the bid above its original starting point. Pity if you were one buying near the high !!!

Certainly any decision we make to invest in a company is our own fault if the shares go down. It is not a matter of apportioning blame on the direction of any single share. However again I shall repeat a simple request which has been the whole point of the exercise.

If you have any information or expertise regarding a company and you disagree with a view expressed on HC please post. If you are an expert in some field or have information even if it is negative about a share please share it with us. If you want to post negativly on a stock just to be different please don't. Please none of the one liners that a lot of posters seem to love. Go through your reasons for liking or disliking a stock in as much detail as you can. Hot copper will be a much more useful tool if just a few more contributed in this manner.

As I said in the original post HC is not a fan club. Way back when the Nasdaq was over 5,000 stock brokers had very very few negative calls on stocks. Of course we all now know the history there the Nasdaq went from just over 5,000 early 2000 to less than 1,250 in the space of around two and a half years. In other words they too lost over 70% of their money.

Between all the users of HC we have a wealth of knowledge and experience. Any company you care to choose there is someone who uses HC with a wealth of knowledge in that field. If they shared their view maybe we migh have a more balanced discussion. Instead we have what we have at present. ANy negative view against any company expressed on HC is attacked almost without exception.

Just some wishes for HC ...

If someone expresses a view opposed to your own view don't abuse them try and convince them.

Last wish is a bit more discussion about established legitmate companies may not go astray. Some very established companies have had stellar rises of over 100 % in the last 12 months yet very very few seem to discuss them. Just to name a few ABB up 100% total HC posts 17, GUD up 100 % total of 9 posts, CTX up 170 % total of 52 posts, SFE up 100% at least had 300 posts ... but when one compares this to say my ficticious loosing comany with 8,350 posts or say lets pick another say TAS with 1,400 posts. So TAs had more posts than GUD,CTX,SFE and ABB. In fact it had twice as many as all those combined.

Sure a lot of penny dreadfuls have had great runups this year and I suppose a lot are prepared to run the risk of seeing their capital halve in a short period. On the other hand the rewards can be there also but few get into a stock near its low an get the full runup.
    At present I beleive the market is near its high for some time. Maybe we see it go a bit higher than the recent high. I strongly suspect some of the penny dreadfuls we have seen double and triple will be some of the first ones hit in any major correction. Remeber the market has not corrected to any extent for over 12 months.

All the best to HC readers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$64.16
Change
-0.340(0.53%)
Mkt cap ! $12.43B
Open High Low Value Volume
$64.35 $64.63 $63.79 $11.73M 183.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18 $64.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$64.21 991 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.