XJO 0.70% 8,269.8 s&p/asx 200

help - index trading sucks so far, page-10

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. One of the reasons I started toying with the index trades is because like a lot of traders I have been anticipating a top to the current rally, and as a consequence I have sold down all my long positions in stock to nothing, having made some very good money along the way, but now refusing to buy back in because as soon as I do I know it'll turn just after (who knows that feeling???). So even though I've seen some nice runs in the last week since completely selling out (such as FMG and MGX which I've held both until recently), and its been very tempting to get back in, I haven't.

I think I will take the advice, which makes a lot of sense, of doing some theoretical trades - at least until I see some definitive signs of market reversal. After all, mini contracts are not big bikkies but a strike rate of 2 or 3 out of 10 is like butting a head against a brick wall.

When I have another crack I'll also setting a level as an exit rather than a number of points, that makes more sense to me than what I've been doing.

Cheers and thanks again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.