XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

help - index trading sucks so far, page-2

1. 4,960 Posts.
    Sharks,
    it's a totally different ball game in my opinion, the liquidity and volatility outstrip just about anything you'll have done with stocks.

This is furhter exacerbated when using IG or other leveraged instruments as

stops wise... mmm personally this is one of the hardest things to master and yup the afterhours trading non cash times on a futures contract can see the spreads run out quite large, personally, If I am trading a possie during cash close times, I generally don't worry about stops much at all as the flluctuations can be bizzarre, both in market maker instruments and the real futures.

When I am trading well, I position my stops based on price levels, not on number of points, that is if I have entered a long off a bounce iof resistance or the various other indications I use, I'l;l have the stop under the point of resistance, no matter how far away it is from my current entry.

But all in all... Futures trading is a very different game, knowledge of time frames, type of trading you are doing, your reasons for entry and exit etcetera are incredibly important here.

If I could make a suggestion, and I know it is hard to follow, PAPER trade it for a while, doing it honestly, writng down your entries and your profit targets and your exits and your stops... beleive me these types of markets are more than happy to eat your money while you learn.

;)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.