XJO 0.21% 8,027.0 s&p/asx 200

Sharks,Not an easy question to answer but honestly if your...

1. 2,776 Posts.
    Sharks,

Not an easy question to answer but honestly if your consistently getting 4 out of 5 with stocks - youre on fire - keeper go man - forget the indicies.

But in answer of your questions, it will vary what indicators you will use that suit your style and time frames. There are a few to choose from and different ones suit different markets better.

I have continually watched the indicies for nearly a year now and find that screen time alone is invaluable.

For me its all about time and price. I use static support and resistance levels, fibonacci graphs, pattern recognition, certain geometry, MACD, Stoch or WilliamsR and pivot point calcuations.

I determine the direction of the market on larger timeframes and move back to trade the 1 min chart. Best trades imo are overbought or oversold markets. I have confidence to use a wide stop and increase position size, which is a figure i can comfortably loose should it go against me.

When trading certain patterns on the DAX, for example, my stop may only be less than 10 points sometimes - this can be very challenging and i probably take these trades to sharpen my skill - it wont be for everyone and there are easier more profitable trades elsewhere. I generally trade short moves.

Your stops can be loose or too tight depending on where you enter the market, its momentum and which market it is.

Profit is very important imo as enties are relatively easy. As others, i like to move stop up to BE as soon as possible (this raises being stopped out so independent trade decision for me at the time). Am following A. Elders theory of entering with multiple contracts and taking profit off the table as it becomes available at certain levels. End targets are not always met and so a remaining 1/3 is usually left on with trailing profit stop.

Hope this helps :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.