MGX 5.08% 28.0¢ mount gibson iron limited

help me undertand, page-2

1. 13,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 409
    Brokers / so called experts value MGX on EPS not on break up value which I think is a better valuation. At current i/o prices MGX is not losing money and as you mention the work on getting KI up and running has be done but none of that is being reflected in the current SP. Jim has done well in controlling costs but has done nothing to increase value for shareholders (like buybacks/capital return/dividend) so short sellers are confident in their positions. If somebody like Tony Sage was in control shareholders would have been well rewarded by now but then I wouldn't want TS in control - MGX board is very conservative so I feel confident they won't do anything stupid with our money. Rumours about what MGX in the press have not eventuated and the current MGX share price is being driven by the iron price and sentiment (which is very weak) I can sleep well holding and topping up MGX but not with the likes of say AGO...Perhaps the board should announce some corporate action to scare the short sellers?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
-0.015(5.08%)
Mkt cap ! $341.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.0¢ 29.5¢ 28.0¢ $452.0K 1.581M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 719630 28.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 32325 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.