ASX 0.74% $59.92 asx limited

FinchThanks for the reply. I've already printed off my buys and...

1. 42 Posts.
    Finch

Thanks for the reply. I've already printed off my buys and sells against the Company in question, and cross referenced it against my spreadsheet. All the figures tie up, it's just the unit cost (average of my remaining shares) that doesn't. I was using the FIFO principle, as I didn't realise you could actually choose which parcel of shares you can sell against. But now, thanks to the efforts of Percora and 123, I'm now made aware of the fact that I can maximise my gains (or losses), by selling against the most appropriate parcel. I do not know if the Westpac calculation assumes you always sell against the most appropriate parcel in terms of profit rather than using the FIFO rule, but if I maximise my profits by selling against the parcels which reap the most benefit, my revised unit cost (average) is now a lot closer to that as shown in my Westpac account - still not the same figure though!! Not sure how they do this, but it's pretty clever if their system automatically uses the lowest purchase priced shares to offset against any sells. I hope this makes sense!!

Many thanks for all the replies on this.

Kind regards

Drucey

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$59.92
Change
0.440(0.74%)
Mkt cap ! $11.53B
Open High Low Value Volume
$59.54 $60.12 $59.50 $1.802M 30.18K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 95 $59.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$59.94 51 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.18am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.