Help! primary school resources

1. 5,756 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    Hi all, can anyone here shed some facts on the below situation as to what should be happening in Victorian schools please.

I am shocked by what I have just been told.

A friend of ours has been given a full time job as a primary school teacher at a Catholic Primary School for this year.

She has been given a classroom. That is all. A bare room! She has to provide everything to provide a classroom environment such as dice, working materials, decorations, alphabet letters and numbers posted around. When she asked the principal to buy these items she was told "No"! If she wants what we understand to be a classroom she must provide it herself! She has been told they "should" have tables and chairs in the first week.

She has to prepare the entire curriculum within the Vic education guidelines but is provided no materials, books, or links to sites or money to obtain these. She also has 6 special needs kids in her class and wanted to ensure the environment to be organised for these kids in particular, due to their nature from day 1.

The school has nearly $1 million dollars sitting in accounts!

The principle earns $180k a year, I beleive.

Have I just been told complete BS? I have known this friend for 25 years and has never bullshitted. I know this friend is so dedicated she is paying out of her own pocket to ensure it will be a classroom environment. She has even had to source her own teachers chair as the one in the room was broken!! She also had to clean out the junk in it and prepare it so it can be used.

This is atrocious.

Can anyone here believe this? Can anyone shed light on min requirements to be provided to Primary school staff and students by Catholic Primary Schools in Victoria?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.