help re selling an investmetn property

1. 1,411 Posts.
    Hi,

We have recently sold our investment property and it settled last week. I have 2 problems and hope that someone can give some advice since we have not previously sold a property.
    1) When we exchanged the buyers paid a 10% deposit. Our selling agent told us that this money would be banked in an interst bearing account and the interest accrued would be split equally between the buyers and us. We have received the deposit money less the agent's fees but not any interest. I have phoned and emailed regarding this and of course the agent has not responded. What do I do now?

2) The tenant owes us 6 weeks rent but our managing agent(who of course now has no property to manage since we have settled) refuses to make an application to the tenants tribunal to get our owed rent. The thing that really annoys me regarding the tenant is that we gave him a week's free rent as a gesture to compensate for the inconvenience of inspections and now he has done this. I am unsure how to proceed, am I just supposed to write it off?

Thanks for any input.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.