help required for a helpful thread

1. 12 Posts.
    Please help and read through (just see 3 questions to answer at bottom of thread if need be)!!I hope this will be the most credible, enthuaistic and intelligent thread ever on hotcopper!

The Aim- create a raft of opionions that will assist all australian's (especially those gen y/gen x) concerned and suffering a confused perception to this looming financial crisis. Maybe more importantly- useful ideas on how to survive,and just maybe, how to thrive...?

I hope loyal users of hotcopper "shine" to leverage the vast skills sets and create a resourceful discussion for all us- especially those of us in gen y/gen x that have never been through this before!

This is my first post, and have been observing hotcopper to gauge consumer sentiment for the last couple of months as I have cash saved to invest. I personally am very confused as to the state of our economy(dont think im alone) and as to what personal tact to take. Even furthermore; what opinion I can have when discussing with other people- even seperate professional opinions I recieve are world's apart... very frustrating...

My main convern is... what direction are investors taking... no one seems to know.. there are thousands of different opinions on here but no common consensus amongst posters..?? (may i highlight- i find it hard to get it straight from our country/world leaders/media as well)

I sit on the cusp of gen y/gen x- and diplay the usual bravado of our age with the username "hitman69". I earn over $100,000 pa and never owned a credit card("the youth of today" may be slightly different to the common gen y perception). I have saved money in cash; arranged a 5 year agreeement with my employer to secure income.. and designed simple financial strategies like budgeting...

I am confused and would love the see the discussion/opionions put forward by the true drivers of the australian economy... "the punters".. and would love "the punters" opinion on.. (as my sentiment is the world is going into recession and I have never been through one before- therefore i am scared and am hardly a minority amongst those aged 15-29)

a) do we believe the hype- is this the worst financial situation the world has seen in 100 years (quote greenspan)?
    b) what should all us gen y/gen x's do to "weather the storm"?
    c) how do we position ourselves to actually grow and prosper during this time of economic hardship (what are the opportunities)?

and if you have time.. d)what could i do personally in my situation

personally, I would really appreciate anyone's opionion (and I assume so would thousands of people in my situation)and look forward to seeing a enthusiatic, intelligent and credible thread for us all to enjoy..

Kind Regards

Hitman69

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.