MFS mfs limited

Hi Tuart,I don't own shares in MFS but have money in the now...

1. 1,717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Hi Tuart,I don't own shares in MFS but have money in the now FROZEN premium income fund. In my research of trying to make some sense of this mess I came across several references to a 30% stake in a Mainland China Financial Services Market called Findis Net Ltd. I am not sure what relevance,if any this has to your research but fomm what I can see MFS paid 5mill as part of the 20mill required at the end of last yearMFS to acquire 30% equity stake in FindisNet

Published: 04 Dec 2007

MFS to acquire 30% equity stake in FindisNet
    MFS, an investment and funds management company, has agreed to acquire a 30% equity stake in FindisNet, a company engaged in financial products distribution business in People's Republic of China, for a maximum value of $20 million.

Under the terms of the agreement, MFS subscribes for shares in Findisnet with payments in stages over the course of 2008 depending upon the performance of the business. An initial payment of $5 million has been made with further payments required subject to the positive performance of the business.

The Findisnet/MFS joint venture intends to expand the product range being distributed into funds management and other wealth related products over time.

Luke Gannon, MFS head of investment banking, said that the acquisition represented an important step in internationalising distribution capacity for MFS' financial services business in one of the fastest growing regions in the world.

Mr Gannon added: "We are actively looking at other opportunities in the Asia region with a view to building out our business with appropriately experienced business partners with local knowledge and relationships. While we continue to see many opportunities in Australia, we also believe there will be tremendous growth opportunities by accessing distribution opportunities in the wealth management and financial services space in Asia."

Source: Datamonitor
    Keep up the good work, Cheers Seamisty

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.