COB 1.14% 8.7¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

@ persistentone: for CAPEX you may want to look a this thread of...

1. 264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    @ persistentone: for CAPEX you may want to look a this thread of a few days ago
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-significant-thackaringa-drilling-program-complete.3976474/#.WmyXJiOPBE4
    I have taken the figures from holders who seem to have specific knowledge but they are all estimates of course:
    From Precipitate: 132KV 22 km line Below $ 20M +transmission substation at mine under $20M: Max $ 60 Million in worst case. (FYI COB mentions 66Kv line.)
    From Rogue: $ 2M/ km for 4 lane highway without bridges: As 22km from Borken Hill to site = 44Million + i assume 30% in case of bridges etc = $ 60 Million max.
    From Eureka: $ 30 Million for 22km water pipeline
    Processing plant:by far the most difficult to calculate: each mine is unique especially in the case of COB:but from Eureka : estimation of $250 Million. Personally, taking into consideration the fact that there is no need for expensive HPAL + the fact that only 20% of the mined ore would need to be treated (since COB would use a cheap and simple gravitation process to get a concentrate first ( COB mentioned laterite projects can't do that) ) i expect the processing plant cost to be significantly lower than its competitors in Australia, but only time ( PFS then DFS) will tell for sure.
    Engineering: from Eureka: 8% of above Capex = 8% of 400 M = $ 32M
    Total: AU$ 432Million. = US$ 345 Million

COB’s goal is to produce 4000T/Y equivalent metal = 8 Million pounds (if they are using US Ton). Their aim (check their announcement) is to be at OPEX US$10 to 12/lb and right now world prices are north of $34/lb. So turnover would be around US$ 270M/ y and operating profit at USD 176 Million/y if we take $12/lb.

Now for comparison:

-CLQ (Mine in Australia):as they were getting listed on TSX last month they announced: Capital cost US$ 780 Million BUT for output Cobalt metal equiv. 5000t/ y and 18 700 T/y of Nickel ( last figure based on PFS as no update on Nickel in Nov 1st 2017 release),. Further their mine is laterite and as such they need to use the expensive HPAL, not the case for COB.
    -Ecobalt (Mine in Idaho US): total LOM capital and reclamation cost is estimated at $288.1M, including $186.7M for initial capital, $5.8M for long term water treatment bond collateral, and $95.6M in sustaining capital and mine development capital during production over the LOM, reclamation and closure cost. I assume figures are in Canadian dollar. As per their website they aim was to produce 1500 ton of Cobalt Sulphate/ y but V recently they seem to reconsider and instead produce a more upstream product, Cobalt concentrate instead. On 27 Sept http://www.ecobalt.com/news/news-re...feasibility-study-on-the-idaho-cobalt-project the revised planned Output would be 2200 T of Cobalt along with 1650T of Copper and 3000 Oz of Gold/ y. ( Conversions made based on US Ton).
    Hope the above helps. Feel free to add/ correct.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.