EOF 13.9% 4.1¢ ecofibre limited

I'm actually inclined to think you've got to move on man. I've...

1. 143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I'm actually inclined to think you've got to move on man. I've found your posts on the whole to be helpful and instructive around the technical aspects of what Ecofibre does and its history and structure, but seriously there are more people out there than older straight white men to be marketed to. There is nothing wrong with a team to consist of very young women. I can't imagine you'd have an issue if it was a bunch of young blokes on the team. There is nothing wrong with the team to mention that they have a dog, or are married, or are married to someone of the same sex. Turns out they're real people with lives and passions, and personally I think it helps a brand to show this. I daresay you wouldn't have said anything if one of the young females mentioned a husband, so why say anything about the person in a same sex relationship. He's not 'shoving it in customer's faces', just as a straight person isn't if they mention they're married. Move on, people from different backgrounds are more than capable of doing a great job at marketing.

I also love seeing how fragile men's egos are when talking about the Gillette ad. I find it telling how few of us are able to reflect on ourselves and be like, oh yeah, maybe I am a part of this world where women are bashed and killed and raped, and I might not be doing it but am still a part of the world and could maybe do something different. FYI - Gillette sales didn't change after the ad, and clearly neither did they go 'broke', so just because a few of you boycotted, looks like others (like myself) thought it a very reasonable proposition. I suspect this might be the case with Hemp Black and although you seem to think their approach will be some kind of cataclysmic failure, maybe this is just a fairly blinkered view.

I had a chat to Mark yesterday which was very instructive and helpful to clarify where things are headed. It was clear that he is keen to listen to people's concerns on all ends of the spectrum. This is evident by the removal of some of the blog posts. There is a pipeline of announcements planned soon that reportedly will cover the spectrum of interest. One of the points he made is that with such a broad appeal it is hard to satisfy everyone, evident by some of our complaints here. He also pointed out that the initial roll-out of the website when viewed on a phone meant people went to the blog first, but if you want the technical side of things then the 'learn' pages are where it is at. They've since changed that so people are directed towards that page.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.