EOF 1.64% 6.2¢ ecofibre limited

That said, not everyone is built for sales. It takes a certain...

1. 1,578 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    That said, not everyone is built for sales. It takes a certain thick skin, boundless ego, believe in one’s self and in what is being sold along with an extroverted personality. Then it takes training. There are classic texts on the art of persuasion that have stood the test of time from Carnegie’s “How to Win Friends and Influence People” to Cialdini’s “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion”. Then it takes a lot of failure and ability to absorb failure until you hit your stride.

Preventing this sort of thing in the future, were I the sales manager, there would be filtering out the wrong people at the beginning. Then training the hell out of the right people I’d identified.

I did this once running a sales room. I put an ad in the paper with a phone number. I didn’t want resumes. Didn’t care who you were or what you did before. I just wanted you to call the number, and leave a message on the answering machine and persuade me to meet you.

It was that simple. Once I found the right people, I made them read the right books, and put them through the motions of making me know they understood what was read. Role playing. Then, hitting the phones.

Sticks and carrots from there. But you have to start with the right people and give them the tools. The tools have not changed.

https://www.influenceatwork.com/principles-of-persuasion/

https://primaltoad.com/friends/

By internalizing these 36 principles, and making them who you are, you have a hard time NOT “Always Be Closing” and you find yourself with a lot more naked lady friends, better seats in every restaurant you visit and the best deal possible on everything you attempt to buy.

But it start’s with a certain kind of personality.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.2¢
Change
0.001(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $23.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.2¢ 6.2¢ 6.2¢ $89 1.428K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 27242 6.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.7¢ 25800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.59am 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EOF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.