AEV 0.00% 0.5¢ avenira limited

TC, i run several companies so i need to think of things like...

1. 2,229 Posts.
    TC, i run several companies so i need to think of things like that with our current (and previous) govt.

if the pollies had a clue, this little loophole would have been closed prior to even airing the idea to the public for the first time - but with the current bunch of jokers i wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't even thought of it.

god knows the lot of them couldn't string more than a few days of private sector management experience between them.

for me, the closest analogy would be with respect to the rules governing what constitutes a "small business" for tax reasons - ie even if you segregate different business units via holding companies/cross ownership/trusts etc the "amalgamated" entity can still take you over the 2 mill or whatever turnover limit for small biz concessions. any common interests (and directors?) will trigger this. how it plays out with mining tax will be interesting, which brings me to another option for companies like MAK (and one which wouldn't work for me with private enterprise) - when the cash is there and the decision to expand into downstream processing is made what's stopping them giving current holders stock in a split off listed company with a different board where all the profits are made. it's not a mining company so no mining tax and the quarry/exploration operation can run at break even to avoid extra rudd tax. current holders end up with 1 share in MAK as we currently know it that makes no money/pays no divie, and 1 share in MAKfert company that just makes fert and makes the profits/pays the divvie.

thoughts?

ps don't get me started on payroll tax.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 3163399 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 10106466 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.00am 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.