"The whole idea of wealth NEEDING to be shared is pathetic "Too...

1. 4,169 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 104
    "The whole idea of wealth NEEDING to be shared is pathetic "

Too right!
    I grew up in a Labor loving household, Whitlam was my parents hero. My parents had plenty of opportunity to live a better life and
    make more money but they have a "chip on their shoulder mentality" and the think that the world owes them a living.

We grew up poor, and unfortunately never had the opportunity to get a decent education. The thing I realised when I started work was you can go along with the crowd or challenge your thinking and find a way to improve yourself. I am not possession oriented but I view money as a too that can bring freedom and choice.

I have only ever had day jobs that pay just above minimum wage, but I would always work overtime when I had the opportunity or work a second job if need be. I studied finance informally and started investing excess cash 20 years ago. I'm now mid fifties, semi retired, don't consider myself rich but I am comfortable and have enough to be a self funded retiree.

My siblings, who have earned a lot more than me, have squandered every cent they have earned and are still renting. They will be a burden on society in their later years and they are the type of people that Albo would want to lend a hand too.
    I think it is immoral that myself , or anyone else should be taxed at death to help these type of people.

I have not worked in my arse off to hand free money to bludgers or self entitled public servants who are getting fifty different types of paid leave and benefits that the lower echelons of the private sector can only dream about. I think it's immoral that I should contribute extra to pay for NDIS wastage, middle class welfare, and to prop up the unmotivated.

I have a strong belief in paying my own way , which I have always done and will continue to do as I get older.
    Part of the reason I have worked to improve myself financially is so that I can give the generations that follow a better opportunity in life. I think someone who has worked all their life, paid taxes and been successful has the right to pass their wealth on unhindered.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.