SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Here comes the news?, page-80

1. 777 Posts.
    IronKing

World sure is strange when you get a group of random people on an internet share forum calling themselves "believers". HC as far as I understand is designed to foster balanced discussions and the sharing of information, opinions and research.

I come from a science background, which is based on comparing assumptions against observables using an agreed logic.

Some of the self serving and sometimes callous logic I've seen applied on the SDL threads is frankly astounding and at times disturbing. One recent case in point was the cheering on of the fact that the epicentre of the ebola virus outbreak (which has killed many thousands of totally innocent people) in the IO provinces of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia would some how make SDL's project more attractive.

And then the way the believers cheered on the demise of Liu Han. Lui Han had been reported to have been involved in criminal activities since 1993 and Chinese authorities turned a blind eye all that time. It was only his association with Zhou Yongkang, a powerful party figure in Sichuan who had ambitions of pulling the strings in Chinese politics from the back seat, that brought him down. President Xi Jingping saw Zhou Yongkang as a threat, so his new "corruption" broom swept up everyone that could have turned Zhou's dream into reality.

Now you've got a new benefactor who is embroiled in a political power struggle with Vladimir Putin. Someone who stirred the seeds of dissatisfaction in Ukraine and whose business associate pays people to fight. I've got nothing against Ukrainians volunteering to fight or being conscripted to fight by a democratically elected government, but raising mercenary armies? In other palces in the world people like this could be referred to as war lords.

You cheer him on now, but let's wait to see what the future holds and what surprises he may have in store for SDL shareholders. Already wanting a seat at the board when all he has are some soft convertible notes that he may or may not convert into shares. Just like the ones that Noble and Co hold, get paid a substantial coupon rate to boot, while they sit back and watch which way the wind will blow.

You believers all hold cold hard shares in this company that can't be convert into cash at 130% if things go bad. We'll if things go bad and SDL can't find the cash to pay the notes out, then the only thing left to make good on the notes will be the assets.

There are always many ways to look at things and business is business.

SilentO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.