RMI 0.00% 1.9¢ resource mining corporation limited

here,s the scoop crew :)$$, page-25

1. 43,671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    Just an addition to the picture that maybe improving for RMI:

this following snippet is taken from:
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/miners-wary-as-png-court-halts-nickel-operations/story-e6frg8zx-1225856617463

" Miners wary as PNG court halts nickel operations"
    * Rowan Callick, Asia-Pacific editor
    * April 22, 2010 12:00AM

"A CRUCIAL stage of the $1.5 billion Ramu nickel project in Papua New Guinea being developed by Chinese state-owned giant Metallurgical Construction Corporation has been halted by the national court.

The court, sitting in Madang, close to the project, and with judge David Canning presiding, has upheld an interim injunction stopping the construction, which includes blasting coral reefs off the Basamuk area.

The injunction was taken out by four people living on the Rai Coast where the mine's tailings are intended to be slurried out to sea, a process that has been the most contested element of the project since it started.

The four claim that the discharge of tailings risks causing irrevocable damage to their lifestyle that depends heavily on marine life. They are demanding a further environmental assessment of the potential impact.

etc etc .. This would trigger the need for a total reconfiguration of the project, which has always been predicated on dispersing its tailings in the ocean, as happens at Lihir goldmine.. etc etc"

---
    Comment:
    Now in my opinon this is good for RMI as they will not be pouring the waste into the ocean (I hope ,not river) and they are not blasting coral.

Also they can learn by past experience of what do with their waste. Get the locals onside and gee things go a lot smoother.

This all depends on the lease renewal and funding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 164892 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 52731 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.