MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

here we go again..., page-16

1. 3po
    145 Posts.
    " I'm also confused about the fact that they production tested the deeper Elang/Plover formation which is the section at the very bottom of the well containing the gas bearing fractured carbonate zone (P50 GIP 5.5 Tcf) but talk about the lack of permeability through the Darwin formation which is on the way through. What do they mean by "lack of permeability? "

Permeability is the ease of transport of a liquid or gas through a medium such as rock or soil.

Porosity is how much free space there is between the constituents of a medium, i.e. the space between the grains of sand in a sandstone formation or fractures within a rock which potentially may harbour fluid or gas.

Unless the fractures or 'pores' in the medium are connected in someway then the permeability may be low or non-existent even though the porosity may be relatively high.

The Darwin formation is I believe a gas bearing fractured carbonate zone. Apparently the fractures in this zone contain gas. However if there is an absence or a limited number of connections between these fractures then the flow of gas through this formation might be less than ideal. IMVHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.