RHK 0.00% 88.0¢ red hawk mining limited

here we go again

1. 151 Posts.
    The southern eyre penisula is an emerging iron ore region,you got centrex minerals and lincoln minerals with significant iron ore resources.They are close to infrustructure,port and rail already in place.And now we have FMS looking for diamonds on Flinder's island.I wonder if that's the place that they named their company after,I reckon that they're better off setting up a tuna farm(huge money in that)Oh and by the way I've got a waterfront investment townhouse at the marina.

Hey at least they no the differance betwenn flouricite and diamonds.

LOL,sorry about that.

Go Hammersley project,go the iron ore.

Diamond hunt to restart
    15/07/2008 11:53:00 AM
    A NEW diamond drilling program could start in August on Flinders Island off Elliston.
    Flinders Diamonds is looking to explore the island, building on earlier work done by joint venture partner Tawana Resources and overseas company DeBeers over the past nine years.

The company has been operating in a joint venture with Tawana Resources for over a year, investing to earn a 70 per cent equity.

Managing director Kevin Wills said Flinders Diamonds was encouraged by exploration done in recent years, which found eight diamonds but no kimberlites, the main mineral source that indicates large quantities of diamonds.

We take the view that all the work Tawana and DeBeers did was encouraging, and they were unlucky in not finding kimberlites, he said.

We think it’s an exciting stage to be testing all these anomalies.

Chemical testing indicates if we do find a kimberlite, it should be of a good grade.

There are other minerals on the island that suggest a good grade.

It’s a good indication, but there’s nothing like actually finding it.

Dr Wills said the company was not disheartened by the fact no kimberlites had been found to date.

It could just be that they’re small, a funny shape or they’ve just been missed in earlier exploration.

Having more detailed geophysical data should help find kimberlites if they exist on the island.

We’ve flown over the area and looked at where the anomalies are from previous sampling.

The company is focusing on an area called the Gem Area, which includes Gem Beach which coincidentally was named long before anyone knew there might be gems in the area.

Work was tentatively planned to start next month.

Very soon we will be hiring the barge from Port Lincoln, organising a drill rig and going to the island to test the geophysics targets.

We know we will be drilling holes, but there’s no exact timetable it will probably start in August.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $175.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
88.5¢ 88.5¢ 88.0¢ $2.152K 2.443K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1978 87.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
88.5¢ 602 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.