MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

My final answer? Can I phone a friend? Jurgen???I'm locking in...

1. 362 Posts.
    My final answer? Can I phone a friend? Jurgen???

I'm locking in Petrobras. Have taken the 6/4. Marathon is certainly a very good show. 23rd biggest American company. One place ahead of Costco and we know about the buzz they created by entering the Aussie market :)

On the three criteria aside from the obvious "not in Australia" condition (i.e. size, independence, and reputation) Marathon wins for independence but Petro wins for size and reputation. Plus, we know Petro's board timelines fit in with MEO's announcement and earlier this year they announced intentions to enter Australia.

As for the Russians. Major - yes, independent - yes and not in Australia- yes. But had left reputation as the unknown. Wikipedia informs me Lukoil was linked to oil for food scandal in Iraq (which isn't good) but wikipedia has already let me down today so who knows?

So I agree pretty much with blurrt although all MEO said was the farminee had a "reputation" they didn't say whether it was good or bad ;)

Anyway, Lukoil is a smoky but less chance than the other two.

Oh, and independence is a fluid concept peter. In effect I think any company with a shareholder that has a controlling stake can be ruled out (e.g. Statoil, Chinese firms etc.).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.