I suspect it is what we do with an education and how we acquire...

1. 27,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I suspect it is what we do with an education and how we acquire it that is important rather than what we actually learn.

Let me explain.

Within two years of completing a science degree what I was taught was of little significance. I taught high school students and was soon to teach new material; what I was taught soon became outdated.

At university, I had to struggle to understand many concepts so struggling for the rest of my life was normal. This often did not apply to those who sailed through university because when they later had to struggle they were lost and disheartened.

At best university taught me to struggle which was only one path to learn to struggle.

Popular Religion is specifically designed and intended to ensure this inner search and questioning is replaced by do's, don'ts, should's, should not's with a specific narrative that sooths the member into a nice stupor of sleep.

No better example than the "Jesus died for your sins" and all that is necessary is "faith".

This evening I listened to a lecture delivered by Desmond Tutu which covered the life of a black man in apartheid South Africa. His presentation was much more than "Jesus died for your sins" and all that is necessary is "faith"
    Sadly for many believers, their faith has the depth of an empty saucer.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.