RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

I know u have addressed this post to Nev, but can I post my 2c...

1. 502 Posts.
    I know u have addressed this post to Nev, but can I post my 2c worth here Ghost1, as u did mention my nic in your previous post.

Your point about unsubstantiated ramping and "insider" knowledge has been repeatedly made and I think most get it, & agree with it. Unsubstantiated ramping is on a par with stock bashing in my book. Great to see that over the top ramping & wink wink comments are not a feature of RRS as they once were. Unfortunately not so for the downrampers. Can we please move on from that issue and discuss the stock.

The primer was developed to present the facts which are in the public domain, as opposed to hearsay and paid agenda. You said that the information in it was two years old, absolutely not true.

In fact, if you paid close attention to the primer, you will see that the Range story is moving along extremely well. Mention is made of significant recent relevant news events such as the appointment of PM Hussein and the visit to Puntland several weeks ago by AOI personnel, as per the official Puntland Govt website.

So effectively, the appointment of the new PM should add a level of political stability; and the visit to Puntland by operators AOI - to meet authorities, check the port of Bosasso & drilling locations out - has shown that real progress is being made towards drilling.

Now, u wonder why sentiment for RRS (& hence the share price) is low as drilling is fairly imminent.

I think this fantastic post by preempt sums it up:

I think it makes perfect sense for the company to point out the enormous potential of Puntland during the numerous presentations, while carefully controlling the timing of any real buying by using a cloud of uncertainty by presenting distorted negative publicity through allied media outlets. The presentations will certainly pay off at some stage of the game.

Perhaps it is not all about accumulation as you say, but about containment and controll until all the pieces are carefully put in place. Firstly, it averts the attention of potential predators at a vulnerable time in the companies development. Secondly, it keeps competing parties off the scent and thirdly, it ensures that when the time comes to spud the first well, Range will be well and truly on the radar of most of the chosen institutions. The ground work will be done, the risk will suddenly look greatly diminished and the oil will be ready to start flowing.

Add to that list of containment measures, the paid downrampers on hotcopper.

Ghost1, have u never wondered why it is that Africa Oil Corp/Lundin is never targeted in the media as Range is, when AOI/Lundin have a massive 80% interest in the drilling concessions??

This is Somalia Ghost1. Cast your mind back a few nights ago, to the reported (by 100+ outlets, including the BBC, Washington Post, New York Times, Reuters etc) critical condition of President Yusuf, followed by the revelation that he is actually fine. Stories like that are not published in global media across the world without either originating from the highest source and/or with the cooperation of the original carrier of the story.

I remain focussed on spudding as the real driver for share price appreciation, and without advice to the contrary, we can only go by the the official scheduled drilling date, which is on track for 1Q08.

cheers
    Marny

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.