S32 0.00% $3.62 south32 limited

On the September Quarterly S32 thread, Saracenm said:The Hermosa...

1. 5,460 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1349

On the September Quarterly S32 thread, Saracenm said:

The Hermosa has slipped back yet again. Now due March 2024.

S. refers to this in the Quarterly:

We invested US$71M of growth capital expenditure as we progressed construction of key infrastructure and commenced federal permitting for our Taylor zinc-lead-silver and Clark battery-grade manganese deposits.

We expect to complete the feasibility study and an independent peer review for the Taylor deposit in the December 2023 quarter and announce the study results and a final investment decision in the March 2024 quarter.

We commissioned the second water treatment plant, a key milestone in our critical path dewatering activity, and are on-track to commence construction of the Clark exploration decline in the December 2023 quarter.

We submitted a mine plan of operations for both the Taylor and Clark deposits with the US Forest Service, commencing the federal permitting process under FAST-418.

We directed US$6M to capitalised exploration during the September 2023 quarter, as we continued exploration drilling at our copper-lead-zinc-silver Peake prospect, to follow-up recent high-grade copper exploration results.

Difficult for S32 to announce FID until it has all necessary permits in place. This is allegedly what FAST-41 is about.

Few appreciate just how big these orebodies are, still open in a number of directions. Making billion $ plans on undefined parameters is no easy task.

Hermosa will be an active mine for decades. Another quarter to further refine the plan is a shruggable event. Holders would like to fully capitalise Hermosa's value immediately. Sorry. We will have to wait.

Ash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.39B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.64 $3.67 $3.61 $47.73M 13.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 403303 $3.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 272610 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.