PNV 1.24% $2.38 polynovo limited

Hernia

1. 221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Have heard that Polynovo's plans to use BTM for hernia repairs. Was hoping someone can set me straight on how this works. I've had both groins repaired with the traditional mesh - 10 years ago for one and 15 the other. I was told that the mesh will be with me for life. All seems to have gone OK although there was a scary period when there was a possibility that one of the meshes might need to be removed as it was infected and the Doctor described the difficulty in untangling the mesh from tissue that grows through it. Despite this scare and some initial minor discomfort until the mesh settled in, all been OK. If BTM, or a derivative of it, is going to be used for groin (inguinal) hernias and it dissolves into the body over time, won't that be a weak spot with a higher chance of recurrence? I know they used to stitch the hernias but that was invasive and often failed. The hernia mesh repair market would be huge but I might be wrong in thinking that BTM would be used for my sort of hernia? Hope someone can clarify.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.38
Change
-0.030(1.24%)
Mkt cap ! $1.642B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.42 $2.44 $2.36 $4.288M 1.798M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 28177 $2.37

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.38 26895 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.