hero to zero stocks and zero to hero stocks

1. 22,120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi guys

Have seen too many examples of people losing fortunes on once high flying great hero stocks that have since come crashing back down to earth.

KZL ROC NXS PLA AXM AED BSM MMX FXR CVN NDO MAE NAV BCD the list goes on and on and includes many blue chips too

There is a pattern here that can be identified if you keep it simple

First if the high flying stock your in starts to encounter problems with its producing assets this is the first worry

Second the longer this goes on the more likely that to make up the profit shortfall capital raising after capital raising will be required

Third be scared of debt as in this situation negative cash flows, falling share price and increasing dilution debt may be the straw that breaks the camels back

So i guess the warning I would give is be very wary of a company whose producing assets start to underperform and struggle.

I'd also say its better to stand to aside and wait to see if a company can actually turn it's fortunes around rather than jump in and try and catch a 20%-50% bounce while risking who knows how much down side or even bankruptcy

To counter the Heros becoming Zeros plenty of once zeros have now become heros

SXY DLS BRU NSE LYC SSN AYN MAD SFR BTR CDU GRY NST SLR PEK
    I'm sure there's many more

From this list a few companies such as SSN AYN were once struggling producers who so far have managed to turn their fortunes around. MAD DLS SXY have been a combination of improved production but also sector shift

NST SLR have been very successful gold producers

BRU GRY PEK SFR BTR CDU have had big exploration successs

It seems you run far less risk backing a spec exploration company so long as its got enough funding, is targeting a large enough resource and happens to be chasing a sought after commodity.

Of course luck does play a big part too

I'd rather be lucky than smart

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.