Larry,With all due respect, the people farming the poppy are...

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Larry,

With all due respect, the people farming the poppy are trying to earn enough money to feed their families, not drive a Porsche or live a lavish lifestyle.

Its the one's behind the whole production and shipping process that needs to be stopped.

The other point is that the farmers need to have incentives to grow other crops or herds in its place that will still give them a decent living and a better incentive.

Why doesn't the US and UN combine resources and invest into building manufacturing plants providing labour for the people rather than thinking they can't do anything else apart from growing crops.

Have a look at China - Vietnam - India. Vietnam is one of the fastest growing economies in the Asian region.

Bombing a country just because they can't work out a better solution to stopping the heroin trade is mindless to say the least.

Having lost my brother-in-law to heroin, i understand what he went through and the senseless waste of life by cutting his life short.

Yet, i cannot agree that two wrongs make a right.

You bomb the country and you give the people no hope.

There must be a better solution than that.

What if we were the country growing Opium Poppy?

Would you agree to napalming Australia?

Don't you think that Afghani's love their country just as much as we love Australia?

Cheers markco2

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.