CND 0.00% 3.1¢ condor energy limited

heron structure

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Interesting to note MD's reference to geochemical soil gas survey on Boardroom Radio in August where he refers to a "lovely little anomaly" existing at surface over the Heron structure.

Research from Montagu’s on Baraka's website quotes "this large structure, a fault bound collapsed anticline known as the Heron Lead which straddles the coastline, is known to be emitting hydrocarbons from geochemical soil gas surveys."

Whilst I have absolutely no experience with respect to petroleum geology or geochemistry a quick search over the internet found some interesting articles with respect to interpretation of such anomalies and their association with hydrocarbon accumulations.

One such article states that it has been long known that most oil and gas accumulations leak, that this leakage is predominantly vertical, and can be detected with any of several direct and indirect methods. The article goes on to state that there are numerous published articles showing apical (or direct) geochemical anomalies over oil and gas fields, as well as over petroleum storage reservoirs. It quotes a review of more than 850 wildcat wells—all drilled after completion of surface geochemical surveys in which it was found that 79% of wells drilled in positive geochemical anomalies resulted in commercial oil or gas discoveries; in contrast, 87% of wells drilled in the absence of an associated geochemical anomaly resulted in dry holes.

What all this means for Baraka is anyone’s guess! Draw your own conclusions but in my opinion such surveys are extremely interesting and I like the odds.
    Article found at http://www.gmtgeochem.com/pdf/newlife.pdf

I hold BKPO!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CND (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.2¢ 3.1¢ $9.806K 312.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 623450 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 23333 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CND (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.