AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

Hewson, page-8

1. 521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Doesn't look too promising for the brown coal assets...?

State government announces fracking ban
    Jessica Black
    Jessica Black
    31 Aug 2016, 10:30 a.m.

A statewide ban on fracking could mean a clean sweep for Moorabool activists opposed to new coal.
    The state government on Monday announced a permanent ban on exploration and development of onshore unconventional gas, just a week after Mantle Mining announced it would be dropping its coal tenement near Bacchus Marsh.

Bacchus Marsh and surrounds have been a flash point for anti-coal demonstrators since exploration for an open cut brown coal mine began near Parwan in 2011.

Last week Mantle Mining announced it would be dropping coal to focus on the Morning Star Gold Mine in the state’s east.

“The fact that it’s an outright ban [on fracking] rather than a moratorium means it’s not hanging over anyone’s heads now, unless another government moves to change that ban,” Moorabool Environment Group president Ben Courtice said.
    “It’s one more thing we don’t have to worry about and if we can confirm that no one is going to be taking on that coal mining license that will be brilliant.

Mantle Mining’s Executive Director Dr Rick Valenta said the company expected little from the sale of its coal tenements.
    “With some of the tenements, our intention is just to drop them, our intention is to move out of coal and we don't anticipate that there will a huge amount of interest in Bacchus Marsh.
    “The other thing to say about Bacchus Marsh is it’s in the renewal process and we're not sure the renewal will take place.”

Premier Daniel Andrews said the permanent legislative ban on unconventional onshore gas exploration and development would give certainty to farmers and regional communities concerned about the health and environmental impact of fracking.
    The current moratorium will stay in place until the new legislation is passed later this year.
    The legislation forms part of the government response to the 2015 Parliamentary Inquiry into Onshore Unconventional Gas in Victoria.
    The inquiry received more than 1600 submissions – most of them opposed to onshore unconventional gas.
    Moorabool residents campaigned against a an open cut brown coal mine near Bacchus Marsh for five years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.