PIL 6.25% 1.7¢ peppermint innovation limited

Hey ASX, lift the damn suspension

1. 1,856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 607

The suspension of PIL is the most appalling example of regulatory overreach I have ever witnessed on the ASX.

Let’s talk the only principle that is relevant here. That is, the market is fully informed of the auditor’s opinion of the solvency of PIL as the audit report was released on 2 September 2019. That’s it.What more information does the market need? ANSWER: NOTHING.

Investors at the spec of the market are fully capable of making decisions in the light of the audit report without the ASX thinking that somehow they have a role to play.They have no role. It is impertinent for them to think that they do. All they are doing is f_____g things up. The regulator of the NASDAQ would not dream of doing a thing like expecting a tech start-up to comply with some theoretical establishment view of solvency.

I have no complaint about the auditors as they are just doing their job.Everyone knows that one of the foundation stones of the accounting profession is the Doctrine of Conservatism, so when they form a view about things like going concern they are necessarily going to take the most conservative stance.The problem I have is with the bureaucratic nobodies at the ASX who have had no regard for anything other than the conservative audit report.

The ASX have completely disregarded:

1)PIL’s capital raising announced on 1 December 2019

2)Two quarters of exceptionally strong revenue growth

3)PIL’s business plans and their, hitherto, successful execution of those plans.

4)The directors’ answers to queries as announced to the market on 18 October 2019

If the ASX continue along this path they are just going to turn Australia into an innovation backwater.

Last edited by gimmegimme: 12/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PIL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $35.97M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.8¢ 1.5¢ $199.5K 12.54M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 15307500 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.8¢ 1762559 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.7¢
  Change
0.001 ( 5.59 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.5¢ 1.8¢ 1.5¢ 9930821
Last updated 15.44pm 28/03/2024 ?
PIL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.