NTG national telecoms group limited

hey jfc or grant62, page-7

1. 4,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Hi Troskolo,

Selling the Internal Lease Portfolio is a material transaction, both in terms of asset weight (ie: materiality of value) and given that it is being sold to a related party.

The trading halt could be for that simple reason.

If, however, the trading halt is due to some other influence (ie: event), then this could well impede Thursday's meeting (ie: if the ILP has any strings attached to it in terms of materially adverse change in circumstances, etc).

It could also be the Annual Accounts, as you have suggested. But I doubt it, for 2 reasons:
    1)
    risk of impeding Thursday's General Meeting; and
    2)
    in 2001 and again in 2002, the annual reults were released on 13/9/01 and 11/9/02. In other words, tomorrow could well be a week early.

There could also be some other event (ie: takeover, merger, etc), but again I doubt this to be the case. Reason: Surely they would move to postpone the General Meeting in those circumstances. Also, the language of the Trading Halt does not suggest something of this nature (ie: "request of the Company", as opposed to "following an approach to the Company, the Company has requested....").

As you have already said, time will soon tell all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.