MSB 1.49% $1.02 mesoblast limited

HF-MACE P3 [ PART 4 ], page-9

1. 1,250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1400
    Two genuine, unloaded questions for you @hottuna. Stimulated by my too often standing by the bed of someone suffocating in decompensated heart failure and my firm conviction that it is not only sensible but also necessary to exclude coronary bypasses and non fatal heart attacks when trying to assess the benefit on MACE of stem cells for CHF. You probably already know this but not everyone does, so I'll say it here, heart attacks are not heart failure.

So, my questions are:

1. What is the source of "decompensated HF - feeling a bit poorly". They wouldn't think that if it happened to them?

2. What is wrong with excluding heart attacks and coronary bypasses from the MACE events when what is being studied is a different clinical diagnosis?
    Here I'm not talking about what might or might not have been in the original trial design. Just a straight out clinical question as to what would a heart attack or bypass tell us about the benefits or not of stem cells for a different condition viz. CHF. Clue: the answer is zilch.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.