HGO 4.35% 7.2¢ hillgrove resources limited

Nothing new to report on the charts so a bit of fun fact share....

1. 212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Nothing new to report on the charts so a bit of fun fact share. I know how some of us share my .. love .. of charts biggrin.png

source: https://education.*****.com/trading/history-japanese-technical-analysis

The origin of the candle stick chart is from Japanese rice trading analysis over 300 years ago. Below is a few snippets from the link above.

The fundamental theory and concepts behind Japanese Candlesticks and their patterns were conceived over three hundred years ago by a Japanese rice trader named Sokyu Honma (1716 -1803). Sokyu lived in Sakata, Japan and was also known as Sokyu Honma and Munehisa Homma.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6202/6202613-2ded38bc26caff7ee39d01739c6ab0a1.jpg
    The port of Sakata was the primary distribution for the one of the most important commodities in Japan; rice. Homma carefully studied the rice market and began to notice tendencies and patterns.This method was divided into two groups called the “Markets Sanmi No Den” and “Sakata strategies”.The markets Sanmi no den contained a set of rules for actions to take based upon different market scenarios. His original method predated the Japanese candlestick charts however he later created the candlestick chart and applied his patterns to them.Listed below are his trading rules which he called the " Markets Sanmi No Den" They are predetermined guidelines to increase the probability of profits on his trades. They are an integral part of Sakata's five methods; Honma used these strategies with all the other candlestick signals in deciding when to trade.

1. Without being greedy, think about time in price ratio by looking at past price movements.
    2. Aim at selling at the ceiling by buying at the bottom. one should increase one’s position after a rise of 100 bags - this was because at that time the price of rice was fixed, it was the quantity that moved up and down according to market conditions. 100 bags were equal to about ¥1000.
    3.If one forecasts incorrectly, one should try and pick up the mistake as soon as possible.
    4. Once a mistake is known, one should liquidate one’s position and rest aside for 40 days.
    5. One should liquidate 70 to 80% is profitable positions, liquidating the remainder in changing direction once the price is reached it ceiling the bottom.

So, who can say they knew the origin of the 3 monkeys? I didn't until I found this info, I was brought up thinking it was just another rule for living life. Also, most of us have heard of bag holders or baggies..did you know it meant bags of rice?

Have an awesome day folks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.