BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Maybe their best strategy would be under the current...

1. 433 Posts.
    Maybe their best strategy would be under the current circumstances to hold off on signing away a deal on lani to the west - and just let the japanese market develop.
    When the next flu scare comes thru the 250m required for traditional testing may be avoided with emergency authorisation and subsequent data collected during real time treatment. This would put bta and DK in the position to distribute to ROW from Japan collect all the profits for themselves and still be in a strong position to license out afterwards.
    Of course the hole in this argument is that it may be another 10yrs before the next pandemic is declared.
    But i'm not so sure that that will be the case - a novel -"new" virus like swine flu still has a major opportunity to mutate to something more sinister and we have other factors at play like floods and heat waves , global warming etc stirring the viral pot.

ps 3 more deaths in NZ total now 9 for the mth and also a lot of extra deaths in india in past two weeks - so it's not a virus to simply dismiss.(waiting on resistance profiling from these recent deaths?(over 1mill people were vacc in NZ so the death rate is pretty high.

i wont be dissapointed if BTA and DK hold off - it also gives more time for tamiflu resistance to become more entrenched - all big negotiating levers.
    It's not as if they need the money right now.
    Hopefully the share price gets shaken even a little more - giving us the opportunity to averge down over the next 6mths or so.

because as all the long termers know- if things fall into place - ten dollars is not inconcieveable - and under a buck is a nice starting point.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.