NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

You would have to be an idiot not to think everything will end...

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    You would have to be an idiot not to think everything will end up wireless and all that copper and fibre optic that lays in the groud will only be good for kids to get back outside and dig for some pocket money.

Disagree, I guess that makes me an idiot. Wireless is always a step behind traditional landline methods in terms of speed. Whilst satellite is now talking about this 12Mb capacity (apparently), wired overseas are looking at speeds vastly superior. Is greater than 12Mb important out there. You betcha it is, if you want truly useable speeds for quality video content, conferencing and so on. Also very important in business where I foresee the life of the web-browser based applications and remote desktop and terminal server users being a thing of the past. Being connected to the web will be just like having a local network connection in the office.

No traditional will not go away but usage may become more specific and wireless will be more widely used for more generic requirements. Wireless does not necessarily equate to satellite either. I foresee satellite being limited to remote areas, there is obviously still a market for this, but it will never be mainstream for broadband purposes in my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.