hi ...

1. dub
    33,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350

Hello,

Here I am on NYE - alone and drinking a very nice E&T red.

And so I thought I would just jot down a few things - since it's NYE and nothing much is happening here before the fireworks start, and the dogs start howling/cringing, and dignity and manners are lost by a few, and he majority of people have a marvelous time ... or at least a nice time.

I followed/read HotCopper for many months before I joined, and then I joined -- Member Since 11/07/1999.

So, it's been 14/15 YEARS! And it has really been a pleasure.

I've been a 'mod' for a long time - perhaps half of my time as a member (but I'm not certain of that).

Whilst some might consider that onerous, I don't.

I'm privy to the thoughts of the very few who chose to let admin (+ mods) know what they are thinking/feeling/experiencing in their real lives.

I appreciate that 90+% of the HC members are decent, caring, thoughtful individuals ... who post and say what's important to them, and that is how it should be.

I, like all others (be they mods,admin or other members) , am aware of the few that have the personality twist/need to bait/flame/disparage/discount any one else who doesn't conform with their view.

Sick puppies they, for mine.

When they show/post, please do not respond. Simply lodge a TOU and a mod will check it out.

Rambling I am, but I'm sharing a really nice red with myself, and I wish each and every one of you/us a safe/good/pleasant 2014.

best, all

dub

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.