If we didn't have the new tradesmen enter the country the mining...

1. 416 Posts.
    If we didn't have the new tradesmen enter the country the mining boom in WA & QLD would be really struggling.

Down my way, Rockingham district or little Brittan, there is a huge amount of poms. The blokes are tradesmen and do FIFO to the mines and the wives and families work in the retail departments. I believe they have a better work attitude then some AUS people and will be more successful eventually as they are prepared to work like this.

The AUS tradesmen we employ complain about working away and want more and more money for what they do, whereas the immigrants will work for normal wages as they want a new start. In 3 years when it all slows down, there will be more immigrants working in the better jobs as of this.

Back to the housing issue, using poms again, their average price for a house in England is roughly 370K pounds, then they come here buy coastal properties for 400K AUS, and earn just as good money here as they do over there. They will buy up all the primo land at a discount to what they are used to where the AUS people will be pushed to “outer” suburbs and be caught out because of this affordability.

This is my opinion so DYOR, and to earlier points, the housing problem, especially in WA, isn’t going away, as we are so short of tradies.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.