"Hiatus" refuted. New analysis published in the journal "Science", page-95

1. 10,548 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 209
    lols

We're "tools" eh? Ah well, you are entitled to your opinion and the way you express it says more about you than me.

------------------------------

Jopo has made a number of claims about this OP paper, which I have answered in my original post. Jopo has not responded to the points I made. No redpencil's further comments on the paper.

So, failing that, he's moved to "safer" ground - relentlessly claiming there's a pause. Let's ignore that Jopo's failed to respond to my points about the paper in the OP and why his argument against it is not well founded, and instead look at his sidestep to "the pause".

---------------------

We have clearly had a surface temperature pause. And I've posted many, many times on the natural variability imposed on the warming trend that has caused that. Let's just remind ourselves though that the paper discussed in this thread is about a re-assessment of ocean heat content measurement, because that is where most of the warming is going.

Then Jopo tries to get us excited that the stratosphere and troposphere charts show a pause. Well they WOULD, wouldn't they, because they both broadly reflect the surface temperature pause and changes in atmospheric temperatures.

Does any of that negate global warming?
    No:
    1) Over 90% of the warming is into the oceans, so the surface temp pause is a bit of a sideshow.
    2) Natural variability superimposed on the warming trend can readily explain the surface temperature pause.
    3) Despite that we have had ten of the worlds global surface temperature average records all since 1998.
    4) We also have the signature cooling stratosphere and warming troposphere trends, which tell us we are seeing greenhouse gas warming.
    5) We have dramatic ice sheet losses and land glacier melt.
    6) And pick your other symptoms of planetary warming, such as observed changes in plant and animal range, drought and flood etc.
    I hate to break it to you guys, but despite Jopo's micro-arguments, the planet is warming.

-------------------

So lets have a look at the oceans where, as I said, 90% of the warming is going.
    They have continued heating, according to ARGO, the purpose built and most geographically widespread and dense network of ocean temperature measurement we have had, deployed since ~2005.

upload_2015-7-28_22-12-27.png
    "integrated globally and to 2000m, the warming rate is very steady: 0.4-0.6W/m2 "
    http://www.euro-argo.eu/content/dow...ile/2_Argo_international_2015_S_Wijjffels.pdf

No pause there.

-----------------------------

So sure, jopo has a point. There's been a surface temp pause. It's just no reason to suggest that global warming isn't happening.

(Nor reason to call people "tools". Cheers.)

Back to the real world.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.