hicks guilty until proven innocent, page-20

1. 38 Posts.
    Stom...

" But the GC is designed for armies to deal with armies. An army of a state, in a uniform, under arms and sanctioned by a legitamate state. "

Did the Spanish Civil War have the protection of the Geneva Convention?....don't know. Hicks fighting with the Taliban seems to be about 'equal' with Australians fighting with one side in that war. I think perhaps the West has to be a bit careful about designating what is a 'legitimate' war/cultural differences in other cultures. And sure, I think the Taliban a VERY nasty lot.....but has the West a legitimate right to interfere? Their cultural beliefs/mores are very different from the West....but surely they are quite legitmate to them.....and rightly so.

"Terrorists are none of the above and hence arent afforded either the dignity or the the comfort of protection under same. "

I think it dimishes us as a nation to treat them any differently legally.....they do the crime they do the time....but still with adequate protections of the law.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.