EYE 3.77% 25.5¢ nova eye medical limited

Yeah you can't reverse or stop progression of AMD. Damage is...

1. 15,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4051
    Yeah you can't reverse or stop progression of AMD. Damage is permanent unfortunately. I would say the closest you can get to preventing blindness is by intervening earlier, and currently 2RT is the most likely candidate for doing just that. Waiting for late stage to begin injections will only lessen the vision loss but definitely won't prevent it. By intervening early you have a very good chance of never experiencing the late stage highly debilitating symptoms.

The LEAD study was conducted with around 300 patients to test the efficacy and safety of 2RT. The primary endpoint was not met though as the study was contaminated with patients who had RPD (a symptom of late stage disease). Back when the study was undertaken it was almost impossible to detect patients with RPD, but now it is much easier. A sub analysis was conducted which indicated a statistically significant 77% reduction in disease progression in patients without RPD (about 70% of all patients in the stud). To confirm the validity of the sub-analysis they tested the RPD group and found accelerated progression in that cohort, indicating RPD was almost certainly to blame. Nonetheless, a sub-analysis in not going to get FDA approval and hence the need for the new "pivotal trial" which will recruit around 1000 patients without RPD.

If the LEAD study results are accurate (and I believe they are based off of my research), that means 2RT could result in a 77% reduction in progression which is enormous. As a comparison, Apellis only results in a 30% reduction in progression assuming injections in they eye are taken MONTHLY!! A huge burden on patients for not much of a result relative to 2RT.

LEAD STUDY: Subthreshold Nanosecond Laser Intervention in Age-Related Macular Degeneration: The LEAD Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial - PubMed (nih.gov)

Also important to note that this laser was invented by Prof John Marshall, known as the pioneer of the use of lasers in ophthalmology. He has an incredibly impressive background...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.5¢
Change
-0.010(3.77%)
Mkt cap ! $58.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.0¢ 26.5¢ 25.5¢ $31.59K 121.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 180019 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 12722 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.