SGR 3.03% 51.0¢ the star entertainment group limited

I’m trying to understand exactly what’s caused this further...

1. 434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    I’m trying to understand exactly what’s caused this further sudden fall this week. A response to the QLD gaming regulations announcement? If so, it was an oddly delayed response. Is it the underwriter offloading? We all fully expect that to happen and likely has been happening, but that should result in a gradual decline. The underwriter isn’t going to do it in a way that shoots himself in the foot.

We are left with the possibility that some folks know something unfavourable that we don’t.

I had thought the most likely scenario was that it would stabilize around 60 cents and then move higher later.
    I find it odd that there’s been a further sell off when the only announced news has been the QLD gaming regulations. That news doesn’t seem too unexpected or threatening to me. But perhaps when coupled with the brittle sentiment around SGR at the moment, a distant barking dog on a remote hillside is being seen as a fire-breathing dragon about to invade the village.

I’m waiting for a few days to see if any new piece of bad news is announced. If it isn’t, I’m adding (again!).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
0.015(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $1.463B
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 52.5¢ 49.8¢ $8.432M 16.44M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 68078 51.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.5¢ 141000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.