I have, in the past managed a few businesses. One had 640...

1. 17,952 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1005
    I have, in the past managed a few businesses. One had 640 employees. I would have had good results with the Peter Dutton types. They usually can be trusted. Not like another that managed a company I had formed where I relied on his trustworthiness for managing the business only to find out later that he was feathering his own nest at the expense of the company. One thing I found out was that he had tried to patent, in his own name, some of the mechanical components of the project.

Another business I started was losing money because staff were thieving product to the extent that product we were selling was returning less that the purchase cost over a six month period.

Another job years ago was managing a Whaling station on an Island where I lived with the crew. We got on good together, but I was still in charge. Many there were still friends in later years, from board members to a general hand.

Recently I was told by a person that was asking about me from someone that had been an employee of mine. He was told that I was a fairly hard boss but always a fair one.

A lot of my friends now are past employees.

I think I did a good job of choosing executives. I'd give Dutton a go if the situation arose. He'll get my vote.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.