HCL 4.00% 12.0¢ highcom limited

High Com General discussion., page-93

1. 4,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    "I'll be incredibly disappointed if there was some sort of pause while the equipment is taken apart and shipped to the US."

Come on! Think back to your school days when everyone had to change desks. Dislocation by its very nature involves downtime and some uncertainty as everyone gets used to the new normal. That's a bit naive to think it will be 100% as per normal. I'd imagine the Adelaide staff were somewhat traumatized by the move decision. Some going to Ohio, some to the job market. I dare say the 'goodbye' party occupied half a day.
    Packing up, crating, journey across the sea, reestablishment at Ohio. Downtime, downtime, downtime!

"As for 'open for business' comment, I'm not sure why they would ever claimed to have paused/slowed down/closed .....the difference now would be that US clients may potentially get their equipment faster (post installation), but also that HCL equipment now qualifies for a lot more US govt organisations who need to buy 'america first'."

And I'd be bloody well disappointed if they didn't use it as a major PR initiative - even if it just 'Ohio gets major defense manufacturing Boost"
    I'd imagine our intellectual knowledge and manufacturing equipment as moved from Adelaide is something to crow about. Tell the market Tell the market. Don't assume they know. Besides this industry thrives on contacts and I'd imagine there will be many mini group discussions and presentations as people inspect the new HCL capability.

But we do agree on the likely disappointing 1H result and I'd venture 2H will be marginal as well. This is a FY25 kick start for mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.5¢ $69.13K 572.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 36551 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 67989 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.