SHX 0.00% 32.0¢ shield mining limited

high gold grades

1. 926 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    I took stock in the original placement and was most impressed with David Netherway and his ability to build a company as he has done in the past. These initial drill results are what is exciting those that know this company. R

NEW DRILLING PROGRAMME COMMENCES AT TIJIRIT GOLD
    PROJECT
    A new drilling programme has started at the Tijirit Gold Project in Mauritania where
    significant gold intersections were encountered in the maiden drilling programme
    conducted by Shield Mining (“SHX”) in April, 2009. A 5000 metre reverse
    circulation(RC) drill programme will be carried out on the Sophie I, II, III and Lily
    prospects and results are expected to be available during the first quarter, 2010.
    The drilling results from the previous programme confirmed the earlier sampling and
    trenching results by the Company that delineated three drilling targets areas of Sophie
    II, III and Eleanor. The highest grade intersections included:
    - 6 metres @ 17.63 g/t Au - from 10m to 16m in ERC4 at Eleanor
    - 6 metres @ 10.47 g/t Au - from 16m to 22m in SRC11 at Sophie II
    - 2 metres @ 24.90 g/t Au - from 56m to 58m in SRC24 at Sophie II
    The new programme will drill the following prospects:
    - Sophie I – targeting soil geochemistry anomalies
    - Sophie II – 3 target types: soil geochemistry, IP anomalies & faults and resolution
    of previous drill intercepts
    - Sophie III – deep drilling under existing drill intercepts
    - Lily – targeting soil geochemistry anomalies
    Shield’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr David Netherway, said today. “This new
    drilling programme has now commenced. During the preparation period we have been
    taking extensive soil samples, the results of which have confirmed and in some cases
    extended the current drill targets. These, together with the previous drilling results
    show the potential for another gold deposit in the style of the Tasiast gold mine
    35 kilometres to the northwest of Tijirit.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.