MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

high-growth oil and gas juniors, page-8

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Well, I am in two minds about a buyback.

Reason that I am saying this, is because it could have two different resulting scenarios if it was to be implemented.

1) If the BB was implemented, it would remove the bots and the manipulators that are forcing our sp down with the end result being an higher share price. And,

2) Should the need arise at some stage or another, having an sp higher than the levels we are at now, the company would not have to issue as many shares they would have to, if the sp was at these levels still. Yes it is good to say that the sp will be higher at some stage or another, but why are we still at these very low levels now then.?

Yet, I do agree with what Noellyn has written about BB's, and that is that they should only be applied where the company has surplus cash, and where they can't achieve any returns on equity elsewhere.

There were talks about MPO returning some capital from previous assets sales to shareholders in the form of a special dividend, but then the company announced that they were doing a BB instead.
    But, what did we ended up with? It ended up that we got nothing of both. We ended up with the share prices at less than 1/2 of what they were worth, the cash was all burned, and we missed out altogether on both the BB and the special dividend, and we even sold more of our assets (Shares we held).

So, after all of that, I am still in two minds.

Good luck all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.